There’s a herd mentality in commercial real estate finance. When we launched A10 Capital in 2007, we knew we could never be just another member of that herd. We started with a clean sheet of paper and a mission to break all the molds.
We had one driving question: What would an entrepreneurial commercial mortgage business focused on the wants and needs of borrowers and counterparties look like?
It looks like A10.
We defy conventional thinking and fight against the arrogance of an industry that has refused to evolve. We believe in people, not bureaucracy. We embrace fresh approaches that bring true value, not tried-and-tired industry practices. We respect innovation, not tradition. Transformation is in our DNA.
We are obsessed with upending commonplace industry approaches so we can deliver a superior commercial mortgage experience:
- Balance Sheet Lender
Have you ever been frustrated when your loan or servicing has been sold?
As a portfolio lender, A10 won’t sell your loan or transfer servicing once the deal is closed. Our business is driven by our long-term relationship with you, not how fast we can sell a loan. Once closed, CMBS loans are sold to a braindead trust and handcuffed by rigid REMIC rules that prevent any common sense amendments from being made post-closing. A10 has no such restrictions.
Third-party servicers don’t have a relationship with you and often times have never even seen the property. Instead, they are often motivated by trying to keep servicing costs down and generating new fees to maximize profits. Imagine the impact if it took months to get approval for a new lease that was critical to your property? At A10 we keep your loan on balance sheet and in-house. We do it all to save you time, money, and hassle.
- Highly Customized Loan Structures
Is your loan designed for you — or for your lender?
No two deals ever look the same. At A10, we believe no two loans should look the same, either. As a one-stop, balance-sheet lender, we have the flexibility to structure hundreds of customized combinations that are tailored to your property and your business plan.
We take large-loan technology and apply it to the middle market. We democratize real estate finance by providing sophisticated structural combinations that have previously only been available to trophy properties.
Our solutions are creative and unique to your situation:
- Bridge and permanent loan options to match your hold period
- Terms from three to 20 years, depending on the loan
- Stretch LTVs up to 80 percent
- Fixed, floating, and hybrid rate structures
- Future funding facilities
- 100% In-House White Glove Service
Does your lender make you feel like an afterthought?
We offer up-front credit approval, in-house legal, in-house underwriting and site visits, guaranteed closing timelines, and cradle-to-grave servicing — no matter where you are in the country. We manage every aspect of our business ourselves so we can understand your property and needs, streamline processes, and meet your deadlines.
Our outstanding service includes:
- Spec underwriting by our credit team before the term sheet is issued. It’s tough to get a term sheet out of us, and that’s by design. We bring in our senior credit team for a deep underwriting before we issue a term sheet. You’ll know you’re working with a lender that understands your property and can deliver on the terms of the agreement, and we’ll keep you informed every step of the way.
- In-house legal. We won’t increase your closing costs through inflated attorney bills thanks to our in-house legal team. You’ll save $50,000 to $100,000, which will significantly lower your effective cost of borrowing, especially on a middle-market loan.
- We never miss a closing deadline. We know value and earnest money is lost when your loan doesn’t close on time. That’s why we guarantee that we will meet your closing deadline, even if it’s tight. You’ll close faster, putting you in a better position to win competitive bids.
- In-house underwriting and site visits. We don’t outsource these critical functions. We’ll be an extension of your due diligence team, providing valuable insights and ensuring continuity throughout the closing process.
- Cradle-to-grave servicing. The same team that underwrites your loan will be with you until your loan is paid off. You’ll never have to start from scratch or worry about navigating through bureaucracy.
- Nationwide coverage. A10 has boots on the ground in regional offices throughout the country, and we have closed loans in nearly every MSA in the nation.
- No-cost capital introductions. Our position as the most active middle-market bridge lender has given us broad, deep relationships and proprietary deal flow. We often match local operators with institutional equity sources at no cost.
- Free Auction.com and RCM1 consulting. Amp up your off-market purchase opportunities with our cost-free consulting services.
What if you didn’t have to sacrifice your credit for a loan?
Our loans are focused on your property, not your personal financial statement. Non-recourse financing gives you peace of mind with no contingent liabilities to cloud your net worth. You’ll get better borrowing capacity by not signing personal guarantees. The benefits of our non-recourse financing include:
- No contingent liability, which improves your borrowing capacity
- Easier for GP/LP partnerships
- Streamlined bad act carve-out guarantee
- Peace of mind
- Specialized and Middle Market Focus
Is it possible to get trophy property service on middle-market loans?
We don’t think excellent financial service should be available only on large loans. We’ve democratized lending by bringing trophy property options to Main Street. Our focus is your focus: We’re not looking for the largest loans out there. Middle-market commercial mortgages are our sole business and our priority.
We have funded nearly 38 million square feet of middle-market commercial properties over the past few years, making us the most active lender in this space. We aren’t distracted by having to sell a variety of products and services across a number of industries, so we can offer the most competitive terms available.
Your loan is our focus, regardless of its size.
- First-mover advantage
- Unclouded by large-volume mandates
- Institutional Backing
Is your lender secure?
A10 is backed by some of the globe’s most prestigious institutions, including BlackRock, the largest investment manager in the world. You’ll get the stability and depth you can depend upon.
Our backers include:
- BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager with more than $5.4 trillion AUM
- KKR, a leading global investment firm with over $131 billion AUM
- H.I.G. Capital, a $21 billion global private equity firm
- The credit affiliate of Thomas H. Lee Partners, one of the world’s oldest and most experienced private equity firms.
- Better than a Bank
Tired of getting the runaround from your bank?
We aren’t constrained by regulatory pressure, and we don’t indirectly increase your borrowing costs through compensating balance requirements. We’re always able to serve your specific needs because we have no legal lending limits or geographic constraints.
We’re better than a bank because:
- We’ll never have to scramble at the last minute to address regulatory scrutiny
- We offer non-recourse loans
- Our lack of red tape ensures speed and flexibility
- Your future funding facility will be available with A10
- Our size gives us superior control
- We won't increase your effective borrowing costs through compensating balance requirements
- We give you access to innovative debt financing that banks simply can't offer
- Responsible Lender, Not Loan to Own
Does your lender compete with you?
We provide sensible loan terms to help you hit your business goals and we’ll never compete with you to acquire properties. We are upfront with our borrowers: We won’t over-leverage your property, and we’ll always structure your loan in a responsible way.
Our loan structures are not back-door angles on your property. We don’t benefit from your failure like some other lenders. We’re here to help you succeed — not to prey on you during a time of need.
- We are a pure-play lender — we don’t compete with borrowers to buy properties
- Responsible loan structures
- Bridge Loans
Loans with 3-5 year terms and future funding facilities for un-stabilized properties or shorter term business plansLearn More
- Perm Loans
Fixed-rate, long-term loans ranging from 5-20 years for stabilized middle-market commercial propertiesLearn More
- Bridge to Perm Loans
Seamless financing for the full property life cycle – from transition through stabilizationLearn More
- Note Purchase Loans
Financing for distressed debt acquisitionsLearn More
- SFR Loans
Non-recourse loans for single-family rental portfolios consisting of 5 or more properties with no lending limits.Learn More
What types of situations does A10 Capital finance?
- Auction Purchase
- REO (Real Estate Owned) Acquisition
- Traditional Brokered Acquisition
- Portfolio Acquisition
- Distressed Debt Purchase
- Discounted Payoff (DPO)
- Maturing Loan Refinance
- SFR Loans