Are you one of the rare people who are energized by real estate?
Do you have a strong track record of relationship selling to institutional clients?
Do you relate well with high net worth individuals and groups? When you give a presentation, is your audience's response "WOW!"
If you are in the commercial real estate lending industry, are you ready to be an early mover in the emergence of an entirely new institutional asset class?
Are you looking for a platform that empowers you to realize the trapped value in your real estate customer relationships?
Are you currently frustrated by having your commissions/incentives capped? Would it be better if your commission/incentives were directly aligned with the profit you generated for the firm?
Do you understand the complexities of a long sales cycle and feel exhilaration at its successful completion?
Do you have what it takes to be a part of an exclusive, entrepreneurial and fast-growing company?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, then you need to have a conversation with A10 Capital.
The A10 Capital single-family rental (SFR) loan team is solely focused on bringing non-recourse commercial loan products to SFR portfolio owners (owners of 50 to 500 rental homes). Our mission is to become the national leader in the institutional SFR space.
A10 Capital’s single-family rental (SFR) loan team is seeking an originator that will concentrate in the Southeastern United States (other markets might be assigned). Primary duties include, but are not limited to: institutional-level marketing and sales of SFR commercial real estate loans to direct borrowers and other centers of influence; establishment and management of borrower relationships; and the education/presentation of A10’s loan products to borrowers and other parties.
This position is anticipated to be based in North/Central Florida, Georgia or Carolinas but location is flexible for the right person. This individual will report directly to the group head of our single-family rental lending team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage and sell an innovative product suite to identified clients
- Procure new lending opportunities from direct borrowers (portfolio owners of 50 to 500 rental homes), CRE and residential mortgage brokers, residential realtors, and the real estate community
- Develop, implement and optimize a local/regional marketing and sales campaign specifically tailored to our target market clientele
- Present and explain our SFR loan products to prospective clients and intermediaries in those markets
- Network extensively with regional market participants in the SFR portfolio owner space
- Represent A10 at regional industry events and promote loan products
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 10+ years of experience in commercial real estate debt origination
- 5+ years of institutional (large-scale) multifamily/SFR pool experience
- SFR/multi-family lending experience is a plus
- Agency lending experience a big plus
- Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills
- Exceptional relationship building/relationship selling skills at the institutional level
- Strong presentation skills and ability to think on your feet
- Proficiency in Salesforce, PowerPoint, Adobe Connect, Skype, Excel, Microsoft Word
- Personal characteristics of resourcefulness, self-starter, disciplined, adaptable and able to deal effectively with people in a variety of relationships and situations
- 50% travel with a majority being regional in nature
- Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Positive attitude
- Demand excellence from yourself
- Be a team player
This position will be located in a major MSA in the Southeastern U.S. (North/Central Florida, Georgia or the Carolinas) and will report directly to the SFR team leader.
We are seeking qualified candidates that are available to start immediately. We strongly prefer local candidates or those with prior plans to relocate to one of the areas noted above. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly. No phone calls please. To apply, please send resume with cover letter to Shawn Henry at email@example.com.